Skip to main content

All six of our Waterford FC academy teams were in action over the St. Patrick’s Day weekend, with some impressive results picked up.

MU20: Waterford FC 4-0 Treaty United FC

Our MU20’s had a strong win at home to Treaty United in SETU Arena on Saturday afternoon. After Calum Flynn opened the scoring after 18 minutes, the Blues eventually took control of the game in the final twenty minutes when Flynn netted an incredible three more late on to give the Blues all three points with a strong 4-0 win.

MU17: Cork City FC 2-1 Waterford FC

Our MU17 side fell to a narrow defeat away to Cork City FC on Sunday in Douglas Hall AFC. The Blues fell two-goals down inside the first-half, before pulling one back late on through Matt Barrett.

The Blues pushed for an equaliser in the final minutes, but the hosts saw the game out to secure the points.

MU15: Wexford FC 3-0 Waterford FC

Our MU15 side made the short journey to take on Wexford FC at Ferrycarraig Park on Saturday morning. After a tight battle between the sides for the majority of the game, it was the hosts who picked up the points when netting three unanswered goals late on.

MU14: Waterford FC 4-1 Wexford FC

Our MU14s continued their fine start to life with Waterford FC with another impressive victory, defeating Wexford FC by four-goals-to-one on Sunday afternoon.

Joel Obiesie got the Blues off to the perfect start, opening the scoring inside the opening minute of the game. Temmy Gazal netted a brace mid-way through the game, before Aaron Brennan finished off the scoring in the final minutes.

WU19: Wexford FC 2-1 Waterford FC

Our WU19 side fell to a narrow-defeat on Sunday afternoon away to Wexford FC on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues fell two-goals down early on, before Emma Rossiter halved the deficit on the hour-mark. Jess Lawton’s side pushed for the equaliser for the second-half, but the hosts saw the remaining minutes of the game to secure the points.

WU17: Waterford FC 2-1 CK United FC

Our WU17s maintained their 100% start of the 2024 campaign with a victory against CK United at SETU Arena on Saturday afternoon.

After falling a goal behind after 25 minutes, Meadhbh Doherty levelled the scoring just five minutes later as both sides went into the break level.

It looked like both sides were going to have to settle for a point each, until Ellie O’Carroll scored injury-time for the Blues, as Trevor Casey’s side picked up all three-points.